Running has always been both a hobby and a stress releiver for me. Whenever I have time I go for a jog or hit the treadmill. It has always been more of a self-competitive kind of thing rather than a competition with others. However this year, a close friend of mine really encouraged me to join the track, and because he’s so good at every sport out there, i thought to myself: What the heck, maybe there’s one sport I can be better at than him. So, or the first time since elementary school, I joined the track team. I practiced weekly for the 1500m and 3000m race because I’m not exactly the fastest runner, but I do have endurance. When track meets finally rolled around I was in for a surprise because the Fraser Valley’s qualifying round had none of the events I had been training for. So instead I signed up for the longest race on the list…the 800m. Boy was I in for a rude awakening in that one lol. I’m not even going to go into detail about how I did, but I “broke away from the pack” – to say the least. I must say though, I had the time of my life. I was also a part of the relay team. We did it more for the fun aspect but shockingly ended up qualifying for the Fraser Velly Championships. At the end of the day I was so glad to have joined the team and not be afraid to embarrass myself.
- Click here to apply!
- Click here to view this years winner!
- Click here to view all the latest blog posts on the Miss Teen Blog Network
Miss Teen Videos
Watch the Look Good, Feel Good, Do Good video created by the 2012 Miss Teen contestants! Sponsored by Avenda Institute Canada
- Bells and Bows Bridal - Where Modern Chic meets Timeless Elegance.
- Find Bells and Bows Bridal on Facebook.
- Cardiac Kids is a volunteer group who raise much-needed funds for children who are suffering from congenital heart disease.
- Free The Children is an international charity and educational partner, working both domestically and internationally to empower and enable youth to be agents of change.